Biblical Foundations of Literature

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Paper

At the request of some others I have decided to post my paper. To spare you all the absurd length of it, I placed it behind this link.

Before you go there, I would like to make a couple of points. First, I did not edit the Deadrek (pronounced De-ah-drek) in the post like I did in the paper. The full story of the Watchers (The Nine) is included here, adding a couple pages to the length.

The purpose of this is to provide a mythology to the world of the Hidden Cities. You need not know much about the Hidden Cities beyond that the world is almost a mirror to our own, with the addition of the aforementioned Cities, placed like "rocks in a stream." The world flows around them but they can be accessed by those who know how. Those are the cities mentioned in the Origin of Men.

Between the Deadrek and the Origin of men comes the story of Semialich. Because I do not have it typed up, I will summarize here. Ëla-lon, the creator (who is Ëla under another name) created, in addition to the Nine Watchers (named and explained in the Deadrek) also created three other beings, the Exalted. They were equal with the Nine and regulators of the world, the chief of whom was Semialich. But Semialich came to desire Glory over Humilty, Freedom over Wisdom, and came to see himself as the Guardian of Ëla's nature. He elevated himself and through that, fell and become corrupted. He founded the fortress of Dirikan and set himself against men. This is where the story of the Origin of Men takes place.

Whenever a pair of brackets appear [] they refer to a location where a name is lacking. I a firm believer, as I mentioned before, in the importance of names and when I do not have one etymological and aesthetically accurate I leave blanks, marked for future refernce. Those blanks remain in this addition for I have yet to develop the names I need.

Feel free to post comments and questions here or at the other post and I will get back to you when I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home